10 THINGS I LIKE ABOUT HAVING MY PERIOD

I had a bad case of PMS last week, and my period started yesterday, which means I’ll be moody, bloated, and unable to pry my hands off this box of Ho Hos for the remainder of the day.
And probably tomorrow.
My husband would argue this is how I am every week, but I can promise you that’s not the case.
The Ho Hos only come out once every 28-36 days.
I’ve been riding the cotton hobby horse for over 23 years now (gasp!), yet I’m still completely stunned with how horrible my PMS is, and how much I hate having my period month after month. It feels like I yell more, drink more, and gain more weight with each passing cycle, and at the rate I’m going, my husband won’t make it to menopause.
But I’m all about finding silver linings, so I thought I would channel my cranky energy into a post about all of the things I like about having PMS and my period.
Whether you have PMS or period cramps (or both!), all you need is a little bit of period humor to lighten your day. Don't believe me? Then check out my funny list of 10 things I like about having my period!
And since it momentarily put me in a good mood, I thought I would share it with you.
1. If I’m buying tampons, it means the Trojans didn’t break. Hallelujah!
2. There’s a 48+ hour window each month in which I can eat anything and everything without feeling guilty.
3. Cooking breakfast/lunch/dinner while holding a hot water bottle on my abdomen is impossible (read: take out for EVERY meal!).
4. Three glasses of wine? Don’t mind if I do.
5. We live across from a Dairy Queen. Nuff said.
6. Tampons make for good distractions for toddlers.
7. It gives me an excuse to be a complete and utter nightmare for no apparent reason for 7 days in a row. Sometimes 10.
8. Pants with buttons and zippers? Bahahahahaha!
9. It’s the only time I can look at the numbers on the scale and semi-convince myself it’s just water retention.
10. The words “I have cramps” give me a free pass to get out of almost anything.

If you enjoyed this list, don’t forget to check out 10 MORE Things I Like About Having My Period, too! Oh, and please share it on Pinterest!
Whether you have PMS or period cramps (or both!), all you need is a little bit of period humor to lighten your day. Don't believe me? Then check out my funny list of 10 things I like about having my period!
Still feeling bloated, farty, and grumpy? Me too. And that’s why I created this Chance of Laughter board on Pinterest. The pins on this board ALWAYS put me in a good mood. Check them out to see for yourself!

0 Comments