I think everyone does. And if they don’t, they should. It’s dreary and depressing and cold and miserable. Unless you live close to the equator like I did when I was a kid, where the sun goes down at the same time every night and the only 2 types of weather you ever experience are “hot” and “rainy”.
THAT, my friends, is heaven.
But I don’t live in heaven anymore, and it’s ridiculously cold for something like 7 months out of the year here. And while I find it a novelty to put on a few turtlenecks in October, and love the look of that first snow fall of the year, I spend the rest of the winter longing for the summer months when it’s hot and humid and I can wear tank tops and capris and not worry about coats and mitts and scarves.
And while I’m pushing for us to retire in Las Vegas, we’re not moving to a warm climate any time soon. So, after 17 years of winters, I figure it’s time to embrace the cold weather.
So I’ve started writing down the many good things about winter, and will keep this list handy to help me on those bitter cold days when it takes me 2 hours just to work up the courage to leave the warmth of our condo.
If you hate winter and all the misery it brings along with it (think: cold and flu season), but need a quick pick-me-up to help you make it to spring, this collection of 50 things I love about winter might just fool you into enjoying snow, sleet, and hail.
1. Turtle neck sweaters.
2. Hot chocolate.
3. Dark nail polish.
4. Snow days.
5. Pajama days.
6. Frizz-free hair.
7. Down-filled duvet covers.
8. Christmas trees.
9. Presents.
10. Hot apple cider.
11. Christmas.
12. Winter boots.
13. Egg nog.
14. Christmas carols.
15. Champagne on New Year’s Eve.
16. Homemade soup.
17. Bulky clothes that hide winter weight gain.
18. The first snow fall of the season.
19. Fuzzy socks.
20. Making snow angels.
21. Tobogganing.
22. Rosy cheeks.
23. Cold, crisp air.
24. Skating.
25. Santa Claus.
26. Comfort food.
27. Icicles.
28. New Year’s resolutions.
29. Snow ball fights.
30. Slippers.
31. Candy canes.
32. Winter escapes to a warm climate.
33. Straight hair.
34. Unseasonable warm days in March.
35. Christmas lights.
36. Making snowmen.
37. Marshmallows.
38. No bees.
39. Red wine.
40. Bubble baths.
41. Warm pajamas.
42. Winter fashion.
43. Heated car seats.
44. Ear muffs.
45. Gingerbread houses.
46. Peppermint bark.
47. No humidity.
48. Tress covered in snow.
49. Scarves.
50. Tights and leggings.