10 THINGS I ENJOY WHEN MY HUSBAND IS AWAY ON BUSINESS

10 things I enjoy when my husband travels
There was a time in my life when I did my fair share of traveling for work, but rather than the 3-day jaunts that my husband is known for, I was typically gone for 10+ days at a time. Fortunately for me, I worked for a small company that was owned by a guy who liked to flaunt his non-existent wealth on things like 5-star hotels and fancy dinners.
But those days are long gone, and I now spend my time at home yelling, “SWIPPER, NO SWIPING!” at the TV while my husband travels and schmoozes.
When my daughter was first born, I really hated it when he was away. I worried something would happen and I’d have no one to call, I couldn’t stand the idea of not talking to another adult at the end of the day, I was convinced all of it would be too much for me to handle, and I very rarely slept for fear that someone would break in and rob us.
It was as if I pushed every ounce of  my independence and self-confidence out of my body the moment my daughter was born.
But as time wore on, I regained my composure and realized a few nights alone isn’t the end of the world. Yes, it’s lonely, but it has it’s positives, too.
Here are the top 10 things I enjoy when my husband is away on business:
1. I don’t have to cook!!!!
2. I don’t have to watch poker, basketball, or anything about aliens and vampires on TV.
3. I don’t have to change out of my PJs before he gets home from work.
4. I don’t have to trim the hedges. Of course, this results in more work the day he comes home, but still…
5. Potato chips and wine for dinner? Don’t mind if I do.
6. I can watch Bridesmaids for the 6,905th time.
7. I finally have a legitimate reason not to go to the gym.
8. I can blame any and all purchases on the fact that I’ve been alone for 3 days and I felt lonely.
9. I don’t have to pretend I have something in my eye when I watch Nicholas Sparks movies.
10. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, if you know what I mean…

0 Comments