10 REASONS I HAVE A LOVE-HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH MY BLOG

It’s official.
I’ve developed a love-hate relationship with my blog.
Now don’t get me wrong. I still adore her and we’re still really tight. And I’d say things are good between us about 90% of the time.
But I’d be lying if I told you I don’t resent the crap out of her the remaining 10% of the time.
She’s just so needy!
Okay, so I feel a little icky admitting this to you since I try so hard to convince everyone other than my husband that I have my crap together most of the time (he figured me out a long time ago), but when I found myself turning down an evening of Downton Abbey the other night so I could catch up on my blog, I decided enough was enough.
I need to find some balance.
But before I can find this balance, I need to know if I’m totally off my rocker, or if the rest of the blogosphere feels the same way I do.
And so I present to you:
10 Reasons I Have a Love-Hate Relationship With My Blog
1. I love that it gives me a purpose other than being a mother, wife, and housemaid.
…But I hate how little time it leaves me to do important stuff, like raise my child, have a relationship with my husband, and scrub the toilets.
2. I love that it introduced me to some of the best friends I’ve ever had.
…But I hate that these friends aren’t close enough to meet me for a glass of wine and a hug once in a while.
3. I love having a creative outlet.
…But I hate the ridiculous sense of panic I feel when I hear my daughter stir from her nap and I’m not finished writing my daily post.
4. I love how popular I feel when I hear the email app on my iPhone ding a million times a day.
…But I hate that I can’t go to bed unless my inbox is cleared.
5. I love it when new bloggers start commenting regularly on my posts.
…But I hate how crappy I feel when I can’t find the time to return the favor.
6. I love the blog connections and site traffic link-ups create.
…But I hate that I cannot participate in them unless I buy dinner for the person who linked up before me on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
7. I love having a place where I can find the humor in some of the not-so-great parts of life.
…But I hate knowing that one of these days, some jerk is going to leave me a comment that insinuates I don’t love my family.
8. I love that I can simultaneously post to Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ through Hootsuite.
…But I hate that I cannot find the time to actually engage in at least 1 of these social media platforms on a regular basis.
9. I love that it gives me something to do during my downtime.
…But I hate what all this sitting is doing to my bum and thighs.
But most of all . . .
10. I love that I have found something that’s just for me.
…But I hate that I can’t always give it my all without feeling like I’m short-changing someone else.
The problem is that, more often than not, the people that get short-changed are the ones I love the most. And while I know my husband supports me (such a shame I can’t say the same about my 2-year-old), I know I need to find a better balance.
Or those toilets will never get scrubbed.

0 Comments